Ivan Herman—Education, Positions
- PhD in Computer Sciences at the Rijksuniversiteit Leiden (The Netherlands) in 1990.
- Visiting student in 1980 (for six months) at the University Paris VI, Jussieu, (France).
- Graduated with honours (in today’s term, MsC) in 1979 at the Eötvös Lóránd University of Sciences in Budapest (Hungary) as applied mathematician.
- 2001-present: Member of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) Team as a W3C Fellow for CWI, serving as:
- 1988-present: Senior researcher, project leader at the CWI (Centre Mathematics & Computer Sciences) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (on temporary contract between 1988 and 1990, on a tenure position since 1990).
- 1997: Visiting professor at the LABRI (Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche en Informatique), University Bordeaux I, France.
- 1986-1988: Software engineer at Insotec Consult GmbH, München, Germany.
- 1980-1985: Researcher at SzTAKI (Computing and Automation Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), in Budapest, Hungary (as a trainee between 1980 and 1982, on a tenure position afterwards).