I like traveling and making photos. In the old days, when disc space was more scarce, I had to make a selection of the pictures that I put on this site and I also stored them in a reduced size (usually 800×600 for landscape); if, for whatever reason, you would like to have a copy with a higher resolution (for landscape images I usually have them in 1280×960 or, for more recent images, in 3400×2200), mail me. Thinks has changed, and newer albums usually contain more photos and, for those shared via Apple’s iCloud, sharing is simply made in original. My only rule for selection these days is whether the photo is good and interesting enough to be shared…
Up until 2018 I mostly used Google’s Picasa program or JAlbum to generate an HTML album that I then uploaded on this site. I liked Picasa, but I was not really fond of JAlbum. However, Google discontinued Picasa, and the latest release began to behave strangely on my machine after system upgrades. So, in 2018, I switched to iCloud photo sharing, hopefully that will work out… This is the reason some of the albums have a pre- and post-2018 versions, very different URI-s and outlooks, etc. It is a bit messy, but I never moved all my pictures, retroactively, to iCloud (maybe when I retire…). I do make a separate selection of my “favourites”; with the number of those increasing every year, I now separate them by years.
“Favourites” per years
My best pictures (in my own view, of course…): 2001 to 2010, 2011 to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
(The fact that the first few years were grouped in albums, but then not any more, is an indication of the number of pictures I take…)
- pre-2017 and from 2017 onwards
- pre-2018 and from 2018 onwards
Albums by Countries
The number of pictures taken in a country is by no means an indication of the interest I have in a country, but simply reflects the amount of time I could spend there either on vacations or for work.
- Sydney, Queensland, Perth and the area, and Tasmania
- Rio de Janeiro
- Banff, Montreal by a very non-photogenic weather
- Beijing, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Taiyuan
- Copenhagen, Frederiksborg
- Aix-en-Provence pre-2018 and post-2018, various places around Aix in Provence pre-2018 and post-2018, Marseille pre-2018 and post-2018, Arles, Cassis, Avignon, Nice, some other places on the French Riviera, Lyon, Nancy, Paris
- Dagstuhl, Trier, Berlin
- Budapest and some surroundings, Budapest (more recent photos)
- Delhi, The Taj Mahal, Hyderabad
- Pisa, Trento, Florence, Fiesole, Siena, Rome
- Tokyo pre-2018, Kamakura pre-2018, Kyoto, Japan (Tokyo and Kamakura) in 2018, and Fukuoka.
- Luxembourg city, Echternach
- The Netherlands
- Amsterdam, Amstelveen and area, Leiden, Edam, Amsterdam, Amstelveen and area post 2018, Haarlem, Gouda
- Cadaqués, Bilbao
- Boston and Cambridge, MA, pre-2019 and post-2019, and nearby towns in New England; Chicago; New York; Georgetown, Washington DC; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Hawaii